Every great home cook has their favorite vendors for different types of food. Whether it is the fact that they only buy their beef from the butcher down the street, or travel across town to go to a specific grocery store because they have the best produce, being connected the source or seller of food is important. Because microgreens and edible flowers are becoming more and more popular, it is also important for every foodie to know a microgreen growing company. To learn more about what a microgreen growing company is and what these tiny plans can offer to you, keep reading.
1) Eating with Your Eyes One of the best parts of microgreens and different types of edible flowers is that they make anything you cook look more visually appealing. Presenting a fresh salad makes an impression, but presenting a salad topped with edible orchids will be an experience your guests will never expect. If you know a microgreen growing company, you can work closely with them to use new and exciting ingredients every time you entertain. Your guests first experience your cooking with their eyes, so it is important to set a high bar from the very beginning.
2) Go Micro Local Microgreens first emerged on the market two to three decades ago. Since then, the world has come to better know the more than 100 types of common garden flowers that are not only safe to eat, but also delicious. Like with all produce, fresh is best. Working closely with a microgreens grower will help make sure you always have fresh, and preferably local, microgreens to spice up your cooking and baking.
3) Flower Power As mentioned, edible flowers are a great way to add a special touch to a dish. Edible flower petals are an elegant finishing touch to any course during a meal. Edible flowers used as teas make for an exciting way to mix and match edible flowers and expose you and your guests to a variety of flavors they may have never tried before. If you do not know where to buy edible flowers, go to a local farmer’s market or do a quick internet search to learn more about the vendors you can use.
4) Be Unique If you have a friend who always seems to beat you to every new food trend, feel confident in your ability to constantly one-up them by working with a microgreen growing company and using the most innovative microgreens and microherbs in your cooking. Plus, you can rest assured that your food will definitely be social media worthy if you use edible flowers to amp up the visual appeal.
5) Remember Quality Quality always matters, regardless of what the type of food is. For microgreens, they are rated on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best. a rating of three is considered the minimum for marking a product. Talk to your microgreens distributor about the rating of their products to make sure you get the best quality possible.