The list of creative uses of used refrigerated trailers for sale is growing as many parts of the midwest continue to deal with the floods that ravaged the area earlier in the spring. Some of these used refrigerated trailers for sale are being used for storage of grocery store items as retailers attempt to get cold foods to people who need them the most. Other used trailers are used to help home owners protect and store the food that is no longer safe in their own homes because there is an unsteady source of electricity.
In their original purpose, of course, these used reefer trailers are used for transportation of food items, as well as many kinds of pharmaceuticals. Finding a way to make sure that the grocery store products that we all depend on are where they need to be is almost completely dependent on the use of both new and used reefer units.
The Decision to Buy Reefer Trailers Can Help Your Business be More Successful
Many companies that produce high quality items that they want to market to people across the country, they need to have an affordable and reliable transportation plan in place. In many cases, these transportation options need to be used or new reefer trailers. From fresh produce to frozen items, it is important to make sure that the transportation issues are well planned. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that transportation options help the nation’s economy succeed:
- Typically no more than 13.5 feet in height, the average size of a reefer trailer is between 28 and 53 feet in length.
- 44,000 pounds is the maximum weight a reefer trailer can carry.
- The temperature range of a refrigerated trailer is -20 degrees to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- As many as 500,000 reefer trailers are currently in operation in the U.S.
- The global refrigerated trailer market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% between the years 2016 and 2022.
- The global refrigerated market was valued at just over $5 billion in 2015. By 2022, however, it is expected to increase by another $2 billion.
Whether you are part of a community struggling to succeed after a recent flood or you are a farmer looking to ship your produce across the nation, there are many times when you a refrigerated trailer may be the solution.