If you are planning a wedding, you know that you have a million of details to tend to. From looking at different venues to picking the right caterer, there are a lot of things you need to do to get the day the way you want it to go.
- Set a budget. Weddings can be very expensive so you need to know how much you can realistically spend. It is important to look seriously at this and write it down. You will be much less likely to spend a lot more than you really want to spend if you have worked out a budget and then stick to it.
- Make a list. When you get started with your wedding planning, the first thing you need to do is start with a list of the things you need to think about. You should go through that list and make notes as to what you want for each item and how much each option means to you. If you have your heart set on being driven away in a carriage pulled by horses, you may not be able to have some other wish, if you want to stay within your budget.
- Plan the right time of day. Once you have set the date, you should set the time. Think about who you will have coming to your wedding. Do you have a lot of friends and family members who are night owls? DO you think your guests will bring a number of children? These considerations need to be made when you are planning the time of day you will hold you wedding.
- Find the right venue. Think about the venues you like. When you are thinking about venues, if you are planning to go with one that is a popular one for weddings and other functions, you may have to reserve it up to a year in advance. If you are more open or are looking at some non-traditional spaces for your big day, you may not have to book so far ahead. Think about how easy it is to get to your venue and what the parking is like. More and more couples are going with different kinds of weddings so the number of wedding venues has increased.
- Get the right food. Many people do judge a party or a place by its food. You want to talk to the right catering companies. Try to find food that reflects your taste and style but that can also be enjoyed by a larger number of people,. You should also look into options for vegetarians and anyone you know with food allergies. Luckily, most companies that cover catering and events can help you get the great food you want that can be eaten safely by your guests.
- Decide how much alcohol you want. If you go with the open bar option at your wedding, you will end up spending between 20 and 25% of your catering costs on booze. There are a number of options that depend on what kind of party you want to throw and who you expect to attend. Talk to your catering company about your options.
- Get help from friends and family. Your friends and family want to help so let them! You will have a ton of things you need to do and the help will make it a better experience. Delegate some of the work and bring in the people in your life for the fun parts of the planning. Going to taste catering and wedding cakes? Bring your friends!
- Remember, this is just a big party. You want everything to go perfectly on your big day. Let the worries go and have a good time. This will help the other people at your wedding do the same. If things go wrong, and they will because they always do, relax. It is all ok. Do not let the small things take up your attention and prevent you from having a good time at your wedding.
Weddings are fun, happy events. You will be surrounded by all of your friends and family. Worry about details before and have fun the day of your event. That way, no matter what, you will have the wedding you always dreamed of.