This is an exciting time for you and your spouse. After a lifetime of cooking in other people’s kitchens and making plans for other people’s restaurants, it is now time to make sure that you are able to make this place your own. From the environmentally friendly tables that you have had custom made to the reclaimed wood chairs that come in a number of sizes and shapes, you are more than excited about all of the plans that you are making.
Reclaimed spruce and other kinds of woods are perfect for many kinds of projects. Restaurant tables and chairs and rustic furniture for homes and offices, there are many situations when it is important to make sure that you find the responsibly sourced materials that you like the most.
Environmentally Friendly Tables, Chairs and Walls Can Help Create the Perfect Setting for Any Restaurant
Since 1900, the U.S. has milled more than 3 trillion board feet of lumber. When you realize that the majority of hardwood trees take anywhere from 40 to 60 years to fully mature, you realize that it is important to make sure that the wood you are using is from a renewable source if you want to make sure that you are making environmentally friendly decisions, whether they are for your home or for your new business or work office.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the industry that strives to reclaim wooden products from demolition sites and the impact that these reclamations have on the forests of the world:
- The majority of hardwood trees take anywhere from 40 to 60 years before they fully mature.
- in 2015, an estimated 2.7 million tons of wood pallets were recycled.
- Roughly 30% of the Earth’s landmass is covered by forests, according to National Geographic.
- Wood makes up roughly 20% to 30% of waste caused by construction and demolition.
- The average spend on a kitchen remodel in 2016 was around $19 thousand. some of these costs can be limited if you make an effort to using reclaimed materials.
Every time you make a decision about building materials you have an opportunity to used responsibly sourced materials. Fortunately, many of these green choices are also very attractive and increasingly popular.