America is a country that depends on an open market. And while this may be no more true in the U.S. than other parts of the world, the fact fo the matter is most Americans rely on the fact that they can access the items they need when they want them. From toilet paper to meat and from fresh fruit and vegetables to hand sanitizer, America’s open market provides a way to connect consumers to the goods and services they need.
When a national emergency like the threat of the Coronavirus occurs then it is no wonder that there are many people concerned about the chain of supply and demand. And even though there are many individuals and groups talking about the reason to stay calm, there are many others who are tasing an alarm about the supposed threat and even announcing that they fear a pandemic.
Any time concerns about scarcity occur consumers are more at risk of panicking. This panic, of course, can lead to people over buying certain kinds of supplies. In the case of the threatened Coronavirus, there are many people who are hoarding toilet paper, hand sanitizers, and face masks. And as some people stock up on enough food that they could remain at home for two to three weeks, there can be a significant change in how the chain of transportation will be effected. For instance, what role will refrigerated trailers play in the times when people are not going to the store on a regular basis.
Used Refrigerated Trailers for Sale Serve a Number of Different Purposes
From the wholesale reefer units that travel the interstates of the nation to the individual used refrigerated trailers for sale for private drivers, there are many times when it is important to know that there is the proper cooling transportation options that are needed. As the nation prepares for what may or may not be a threat to the health of the nation, it should come as no surprise that there are a number of companies that are planning for an eventual interruption in services. The need for used refrigerated trailers for sale is just one example of the many options that might help individual retailers and food providers deal with a number of unexpected changes.
New reefer trailers for sale may continue to be in high demand in a time when there are health factors that may limit the shopping habits and the transportation of goods. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when used refrigerated trailers for sale and other transportation options can make the biggest difference in the lives that we live:
- The latest research indicates that there are as many as 500,000 reefer trailers currently in operation in the U.S.
- The maximum weight a reefer trailer can carry is 44,000 pounds and the average size of a reefer trailer is between 28 and 53 feet in length and no more than 13.5 feet in height.
- Los Angeles, Long Beach, New York/New Jersey, Seattle/Tacoma, and Savannah are the top five U.S. ports.
- One of the biggest advantages of the refrigerated truck is that it has a wide range of temperature control, ranging from a refrigerated trailer that can go to -20 degrees to 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The global refrigerated trailer market is expected to reach a market value of $7,658 billion by the year 2022. As new trucks are purchased, of course, there is an increase in the number of used refrigerated trucks that are available.
- The global refrigerated trailer market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% between the years 2016 and 2022.
- Approximately 40,000 refrigerated trailers were ordered in the U.S. in January 2018, according to FTR Transportation Intelligence.
- Using history as an example, there are ways to use past numbers to predict future growth. For example, the number of refrigerated trailer orders increased by 250% between just January 2017 and January of 2018.
- In the year 2015, the global refrigerated market was valued at just over $5 billion. By 2022, in comparison, this market is expected to increase by another $2 billion.